Sunday, November 2, 2008

I had a feeling

Have you ever had a premonition that came true? Well on occasion that happens to me, like today. Sometime in the middle of the night, I woke up thinking that my 2 o'clock was going to be showing up at one. So instead of sleeping I am wondering if I had indeed told her to show up at 2 instead of one. Since I only work about 1 Sunday every six weeks or so, and I usually come in at one, I thought that maybe I had told her my usual time instead of this altered time in.

Of course I couldn't call the lady because I didn't have her phone number, it was at work, and the shop didn't open until noon. AND I couldn't call at noon, because I am at church still and the service is running way long. As soon as I got back to my car, I call work, busy. I call again, still busy. By this time I am driving in the general direction of the mall, and on the third try I get through. I ask for the lady's number to see if I can head her off realizing that I probably won't catch her at home. Sure enough as I was on the phone with a co-worker, in my client walks. So much for lunch, as I was hip deep in perms all afternoon, besides having to come in an hour early.

I hate those types of premonitions. Why don' I get the ones that don't turn out to be inconveniences but instead result in something fun? I cant complain too much though, I ended up having a positive day paycheck wise. Now if I can catch up on the sleep I missed worrying about what inevitably happened.

No comments: