Friday, November 27, 2009

After the turkey and a Rebel Yell

I just got home from time spent with my sister and two of my four brothers in Tennessee where I grew up. We ate, visited, ate, visited, ate, watched some football, and ate some more. My brother in law deep fried the turkey, my first experience with that, and it was seriously delicious. I took some RJ Rockers Eagle Ale for him to try out, and he had me sample some of Highland's Gaelic Ale which is brewed in Asheville. I preferred the J Rockers, it had hardly any after taste, and had a much smoother flavor. The Highland reminded me more of Guiness, but in the end I much preferred RJ's Eagle Ale. Now to see if they will start carrying it in stores in Tennessee, they have a new fan.

One of the highlights of my trip was the send off given to my nephew who plays high school football at my old alma mater, Sullivan South High School, home of the Rebels. Jake is a sophomore there and back up Center and as I write this blog he and his family are in Middle Tennessee braving the chilly weather while he plays with his team for the state semi finals in football.

Thursday afternoon after we all stuffed ourselves silly and before we went back for round two, we loaded Jake onto the bus then lined the main street of Colonial Heights with other friends and family and gave them a true South High send off..



My brother in law Craig, sister Melodie, other nephew Blake, little brother Steve in the background and my brother Jimmy's daughter Shelby shivering by her aunt Mel.




You can't be a true South High fan without a few Rebel flags. Yeehaw.




Waiting for the buses to drive by, and dang the wind was chilly




Proud Daddy and Momma.

Go Rebels, win your game tonight, win the state champion, make this member of the first graduating class of the South High Rebels have reason to give a good hearty Rebel yell.

No comments: