Monday, July 27, 2009

Family reunion

I have a couple of photos from the family reunion/birthday party for my Grandmother. I read a version of what will appear in tomorrow's Miss Mom as my contribution for the entertainment. One of my brothers read an original poem. Despite his disclaimer, his prose was quite nice. My sister sang, and another brother and one of my nephews did a fantabulous drum duet.

We estimated 66 people in attendance with either 39 or 40 who were just family. One of my cousins and her younger son had traveled from Utah. There were only 10 in the large King clan who were unable to attend, if I counted it correctly, and it had been five years since we'd had a gathering of that size. That had been for Mama's 90th.

So without further ado, a few photos.












The birthday girl








All five generations of King.

No comments: