Thursday, March 5, 2009

8 days and counting

We are now officially in the homestretch towards W day. Again its a simple affair with a get together the next day, but there is still so much to do.

The bridal shower was a success. Despite the horrific weather we had a nice turnout and everyone had a good time. The bride got some nice gifts and are things she will need for her new home.

She is decidedly nervous about stepping out from under Mom and Dad's wings, but at the same time excited of this new stage of her life.

So what is next on the agenda? This weekend, they will be moving most of the contents out of Ashley's room to the townhouse they are renting, and turning the place from a bachelor pad to a family abode. I still have nothing to wear as all the dresses I see are either ugly, not my size, in black or just plain old don't fit my rather fluffy frame. Hopefully I'll find something this weekend.

It still hasn't quite hit me that change is afoot, even though I see the makings of that change all around me. I am sure it will soon enough.

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Is she the last one? Is this empty nest? Congrats to the bride and groom! I pray for a blessed wedding day for all involved!

Michael King said...

So now the race is on. One child will soon be out of the way, but who will be next? Will it be the youngest daughter, or the eldest son? They both seem to have found their matches, so only time well tell. Stay tuned, the answer ahead on the next episode of "Parenthood: The Wedding Chronicles."