Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Where's my heating pad?

Monday morning I woke up with a twinge in my lower back that by the end of the day was definitely more pronounced. I have a bad back, moderate scoliosis in my lower back, and my neck with a less then healthy disk in my neck. So I have things go south on occasion, it had just been awhile. I suspect that as I had taken a few days off from work that maybe picking up a 26.7 pound bundle of squirm one time to many may have set things off, so I go to the chiropractor for an adjustment and a bit of physical therapy on my sore muscles. I left feeling much better with orders to take it easy, come back in a week, and apply heat.

We took the 26.7 pound bundle of squirm with us so that we could go vote early. Yes while on vacation, I am babysitting my granddaughter. We figured we'd be in an out in about 20 minutes. WRONG!! Try an hour and a half! The baby was very good, entertaining us and the other people standing in line. Bill and I passed her back and forth and towards the end, my back was reminding me that I was undoing all that therapeutic work I'd had done. I found a chair to wait out my turn. I went to bed with a heating pad again.

This morning, I'm still stiff and am going back to work. Hopefully I'll have a light day, as my back isn't better. Of course it usually takes several days and at least two adjustments for recovery to be had. Anyone got a slightly used back in good condition they want to sell? I'd like to trade this one in right now.

No comments: